Do you ever just feel like you’re in a sort of slump? It’s kind of a blah-ness about everything, if you will. There are lots of reasons for the feeling, but there is one sure cure! Proverbs 11:25 says,
In other words, when you do something for someone else, you reap the benefit for yourself too! I’ve found that when I have the “blah” feeling, if I stop thinking about me and start thinking about someone else, I end up more encouraged than the person I’m reaching out to!
Here are some suggestions:
- Invite a child over to help you bake cookies.
- Take your Bible with you and go pay a visit to someone in a nursing home or hospital. Read them some of their favorite passages.
- Bake some banana bread in small loaves and deliver it to your neighbors.
- Call or Skype a friend you haven’t talked with in a long while. Don’t share details of your own life; seek to encourage them by listening.
- Have a friend over for afternoon tea or coffee. Set the table. Make it special.
- Buy a small gift for your husband. Hide it in his dresser drawer with a note of appreciation.
- Write a card of encouragement to someone at church whose ministry is a blessing to you.