For my Family Friday post today, I’m going to share my husband’s great thoughts from his message series of Putting Hope in Your Marriage. These are practical for every marriage – stress or no stress!
- Refresh daily with God’s Word. Only His Word can help YOU be what you need to be.
- Always put your spouse first. This requires humility…see point #1!
- Build together time into your schedule. If you don’t put it in, it likely won’t happen.
- Learn to say “NO.” This means you’re saying, “Yes” to more important things!
- Cut out ministries that are burdensome and stale. If you’re plugging away at a ministry at church with no heart, it’s better to give it up and get refreshed. This will also allow you time to pour into your marriage, which is your FIRST ministry!
- Serve together! Aquila and Priscilla served as a husband/wife team. Where could you serve with your spouse rather than away from him?
- Communicate clearly and respectfully. Don’t use your words to punish!
- Plan ahead. The anticipation of a fun date or time together is half the fun to me! If you plan it ahead of time, it will help you get through the stress-filled days of life!
- Be “touchy.” Hold hands, hug, love with touch. It’s amazing what a loving hug will do after a hard time, isn’t it?!
- Trust God. That means trust Him together. Stop together and pray about that stress. Read a passage of Scripture to your husband that encouraged your heart in the midst of your difficult day.
Thank the Lord for a marriage that can give one another hope in stressful times! Add some encouragement to your spouse today!
I’m excitedly heading to Michigan today for a Ladies’ Retreat! It’s cold and snowy up there, but I’m looking so forward to sharing time in God’s Word together! His Word is like an oasis in the midst of a blizzard, but I’m packing lots of warm layers anyway!!! I pray you have a refreshing weekend!
Refresh your marriage with hope!