Even if it doesn’t feel like spring where you live, the season is officially here. Shout hallelujah! This is truly my favorite season. Everything is coming to life again and that makes me so happy!
Here are a few things – “bucket ideas,” if you will, of things I’d encourage you to do right now to get ready for spring to arrive in your area:
- Layer up! Get together some outfits that you can layer together. I talk about this in the fall and spring, but it’s essential during the transitioning temps of the seasons. You don’t have to wear your woolly winters just to stay comfortable. Here are a few pictures of things I’ve worn this spring ~
- Grow up! Not you, the plants! Put some pansies out in boxes or containers. These are temperature hardy, so in most places you won’t have to worry that they’ll get frost-bitten. It’s such a welcomed sight to see something green and growing around the outside of your home!
- Freshen up! Paint your front door – Add a pop of color to your house by painting your front door a contrasting color. While you’re waiting to put out the patio furniture and cushions, this is something you can do to add a spark of interest to the curb appeal of your house.
- Craft up! Create a spring wreath. I saw these at Dollywood recently and got inspired to look for the components to make a similar one! Silk flowers are on sale everywhere, so it would be much less expensive to make it now!
- Spruce up! Clean up the brush and leaves from around the landscaping in your yard. You’ll be all ready to add those annuals after Mother’s Day!
- Read up! Prepare your heart for Easter by reading from Scriptures the events that took place before the crucifixion of Christ. Read slowly and meditatively. Journal about His suffering for your sins on the cross.
We wait all the long winter for spring to come. Enjoy it’s slow journey to your front door! Look Up! Spring’s on it’s way!