The needs and burdens of someone I love have been on my heart and in my thoughts. I’ve told this dear one that I’m praying for them and thinking of them as a way to encourage their overwhelmed heart. But you know what? As much as I love this dear one, I have failed.
- I haven’t thought of them every minute. There are times when my mind has to be engaged in other things – teaching a lesson, following a recipe, having a conversation that takes concentration.
- I haven’t had the wisdom to know exactly what was happening in their situation throughout the day. If things worsened, I was clueless. If there was a new need that popped up, I had no understanding of it.
- I can’t change their situation. I can pray, but I’m powerless to do what needs to be done.
Then I read~
Psalm 40:17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.
Oh, what comfort this verse brings! For this one for whom I’m burdened, I can remind them that God is thinking about them! How much better His thoughts are than mine! Why? Because when God thinks about you, you can know this:
- God’s thoughts of you are incessant! They continue without stopping!! He is never not thinking about you!
- God’s thoughts of you are informed. Because He is omniscient, He knows exactly what is happening now…and now…and now. When there is a change in the need, He knows it and He can act upon it because…
- God’s thoughts of your are influential. He’s able to change the situation! He has the power to do whatever He thinks is needed! So we must remember that if a change isn’t happening right now, He is waiting to be gracious.
Whatever burden you’re carrying today – whether it be your own, or someone you care about, thank God that His thoughts are incessant, informed and influential! Our thoughts might have good intentions, but His thoughts of us make a difference because of the wonderful, mighty God that He is!
Be encouraged today, friend! God is thinking about YOU!!