I’m no farmer, but I do know that a dry well is not a happy thing.
I”m no marriage expert, but I do know that a “dry” marriage is also not a happy thing.
Let’s get the picture of that dry well in our head. You go to the facet to get a drink and you notice some problems –
- The taste of the water has changed.
- The water is murky instead of clear.
- The pump on the well is turning on and off more frequently.
- The faucet is sputtering.
These are all signs that the well is going dry!
Now let’s get the picture of that dry marriage in our head ~
- Marriage isn’t as sweet as it used to be!
- Spouses hearts (one or both) are working out of the flesh instead of the Spirit)
- There isn’t a steady outpouring of love and commitment – it’s on and off.
- Communication is lacking.
These are all signs that the marriage well is going dry!
Wells are not meant to go dry and neither is marriage! Continue reading “Don’t Let the (Marriage) Well Go Dry”