I have an assurance of eternity with Christ not because of anything I’ve done, but because of the fact that I’ve received His gift of salvation. It happened the day I turned from my sin to Jesus and His finished work on the cross. I understood that He died in my place to pay the penalty for my sin. I confessed my sinfulness and my need for a Savior, and received His free gift. Now, based on His promise I anticipate heaven!!
I’m so grateful for the calm assurance that my salvation has given me. My heart is heaven-ward, knowing that though things on this earth are often horrible, and my own personal situation can seem overwhelming, things are getting brighter because heaven is on the horizon.
Do you have that assurance for your own eternity? You can, simply by telling God that you know you’re a sinner and you want to receive what Christ did for you on the cross. Turn from your sin to Jesus. He took your sin so you could have His right standing before God.
1. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23)
2. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
3. But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
4. Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. (Romans 10:9-10)
5. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:11-13)
If you need help or a better understanding about this, please contact me at Refreshherblog@gmail.com.