One night while in Kentucky, I saw the 10:00 news. They have a segment entitled, “Five things you should know before you go to bed tonight.” The stories were ridiculous. One “thing” they shared was about a woman attacking a McDonald’s worker at the drive through window (she got out of her car!) because she couldn’t get chicken McNuggets at that time of the morning! Another story was about a man who thought he had cancer, then come to find out he had a pea plant growing in his lung! Let me tell you, I slept so much better knowing those important facts!
Though the stories were definitely nothing I needed to know, I did like the title of that segment. It made me think about five things everyone really needs to know before they go to bed. What would those five things be? Here’s my list:
- God loves you and sent His Son to die for you so you could have fellowship with Him and a home in heaven!
- This world has nothing to offer you that is lasting or fulfilling. Satan is a liar and will try to make you believe otherwise, but only Jesus can satisfy your soul.
- The Word of God is absolute Truth and has the power to change your life if you’ll read it and live it.
- There is nothing too hard for God. He is all-powerful and able to do more than we could ask or think. You need to surrender to Him all that’s burdening your heart.
- Jesus is coming soon and you need to be ready. Trust Him as your Savior if you haven’t done that. Live for Him, tell others about Him, and look for Him in the eastern skies!
Now, you can go to bed and sleep! 🙂