We all probably have a decorator that we love watching transform a space. Whether it’s Joanna Gaines, another HGTV star, or a favorite blogger, we can be awe struck seeing them smash out walls, replace flooring, tear out all the cabinetry and then replace it with the perfect substitution. Then we look around at our own home and feel
- overwhelmed by the process it would take to change it.
- under-prepared financially to afford it.
- inner despair at the desire to improve it.
But I’m coming to encourage you today about how you CAN make a difference in your home! Continue reading “Just Do One Thing”
A little girl, probably four years old, dressed in a red ruffly dress, and her daddy sporting a suit and a red bow tie caught the attention of all the customers on this Valentine’s night. The setting was a very classy restaurant inside a lovely hotel, where the waiter formally placed a cloth napkin in her lap after seating her, and the menu contained items that would never been seen at a fast food restaurant. It seemed that this daddy-daughter duo were having more fun than any of the couples seated around them, as they chatted, laughed, and Continue reading “The Doting Father”
Sunday dinner at our house is typically the traditional southern Sunday meal. We eat a full meal like roast beef or roasted chicken, served with a couple sides and probably a little dessert of some kind.
But sometimes even tradition needs to be changed up just a little. Recently I was pondering what to fix for our Sunday dinner, when it dawned on me that I’d been considering making brunch foods for this first day of the week feast. With that much Continue reading “Sunday Brunch”
Valentine’s Day is a day to show our continued love to our mate. It’s not about playing catch-up, or make up. It’s an opportunity to say,
I’d choose you all over again!
But did the day slip up on you and you don’t have a gift, or an idea what to do for your husband? It’s hard isn’t it?! We don’t have a gift and it could be because of a shortage of
If you’re still scrambling and trying to think of a gift to show your husband your love today, here are some suggestions that can happen up to the last minute, if necessary!
- Purchase his favorite candy. Attach it to a piece of paper and be a little creative, using the name of the candy as your inspiration.
- I love you to Pieces. – Reeses
- Hugs and Kisses – Kisses
- You make life Bearable – Gummy Bears
- Pull out some old photos and create one new mini album for him.
- Write 25 of your favorite memories from your years together. Include it in your card.
- Write the word Valentine on the bathroom mirror using soap or a dry erase marker. Use each letter of the word to write why you love him.
- Bake his favorite treat. and serve it on your best dishes with candlelight.
- Make him chocolate covered strawberries.
- Go to Walgreens for a gift card for his favorite restaurant or store!
- Find a favorite picture of the two of your from the past year. Have an 8×10 made at Walgreens or other 1-hour photo and frame it.
- Make his favorite meal for supper. If you have children, feed them first and get them into bed, then serve your dinner for just the two of you.
- Make up your own love coupons for him.
Valentine’s is about love. So put your thinking cap on and be mindful about what demonstrates love to your spouse.
Even if he gets caught without a gift for you. Even if he forgets it;s Valentine’s Day. You be a lovely adornment to him today and let him know how much he means to you. Be his crown.
Refresh your marriage on Valentine’s Day.
Last year I had one thought that I kept repeating in prayer:
Lord, I feel “stuck” in my spiritual life; please help me grow.
Part of the way He answered that was through trials. Continue reading “Turning the Page”
Let me start out by saying, Three-Ingredient Chocolate Cake! A-a-a-a-nd, it’s absolutely fantastic!
Continue reading “Chocolate Cake For Your Valentine”
The scenic route is usually the long way to get somewhere. However, it’s usually the most beautiful and adventurous way to travel! Enjoying marriage on the scenic route means taking the time to invest into your marriage.
The truth is, marriage can be a bumpy ride.
You might get lost, wondering why you ever got on the road in the first place.
You might be looking for an exit when there isn’t one. Continue reading “Compromise On the Scenic Route”