I think I’ve shaken my head out of confusion and disbelief more in the last few months than in my entire life.
It’s centered around the Coronavirus, of course (because isn’t everything these days?).
- You may not sit inside…Of course we serve inside but you may not sit outside!
- Only half capacity in store…Only 7% in stadium!
- Church may not meet…Half the building may be full.
- Masks are required at all times by everyone…Most of the staff have masks pushed down below their nose.
- No one may stay overnight at the hospital with a patient…We can make allowances for you to stay.
I could go on, but I think you get my drift. It’s not as much what we have to do, but how inconsistent all the rules are that make this a season of frustration and confusion.
This frustration made me sit recently and think about how thankful I am that my salvation is rock solid. It is all based on Christ Who never changes and on His Word that is forever true! I never have to wonder if He has changed His mind or if there have been new guidelines added as to how to get to heaven! It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3.
- Realize I’m a sinner on my way to hell.
- Understand that Christ took my place on the cross to reconcile me to God.
- Accept Christ as my personal Savior.
All that will never change. Why?
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Hebrews 13:8
What peace that truth gives! My daily life goes on with a grateful heart. Christ lifted the rules (the law) and saves us by grace!! How blessed we are!
So in reality, I can be thankful for the inconsistencies because it makes me realize once again what a wonderful gift my salvation truly is!
I’m done ranting about the Coronavirus…until I start ranting again. Just kidding. I really am asking the Lord to help me to remember the grace-filled life I get to enjoy for ETERNITY and be thankful instead!
Maybe this reminder will give each of us something to share with others when we start to shake our head again. The world needs to know of our Savior Who is ALWAYS full of grace, and that never changes!