Spite the fact that life is still so different, there are many blessings each day. I’m keeping a daily list of the ways God has sent along special joys every day of the week!
Another way to be reminded of things to be grateful for is to scroll through the photos on my phone. So many pictures brought a smile to my face. Continue reading “(Some of) The Best Parts of My Week”
If there’s one thing that discourages me and weighs my spirit down, it’s CLUTTER. If I can see it, or am aware that it is hidden under beds or behind closet doors, it’s as though it is all piled on my shoulders. It’s just suffocating to me.
This is one reason that I recently changed my living room arrangement and decor. It feels so good in there, but what about every other space in my home?
Continue reading “Clutter-Free Home Tips”
Some years ago one of my little 5 year-old Sunday school students said to her mom, “Coupons aren’t the best way to save money.” Her mom asked her what was the best way, then. Here was her answer –
“Just take it easy with God. You know, trust Him!”
That’s a wonderful definition of trust! Take it easy with God! As a matter of fact, that’s what Proverbs 28:25b says –
He that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.
We think of “fatness” in a negative way most times, but Matthew Henry puts it this way –
“None live so pleasantly, so easily, as those that live by faith.”
The person who puts his trust in God has the best kind of life! It’s a life of ease because the cares that would trouble him are taken to God instead! This is the person who, instead of worrying, just rolls it over onto the Lord.
Giving God your burden won’t just save you money, it will save you from fretting, worrying and an upset stomach!
What’s on your heart today? “Just take it easy with God. You know, trust Him!”
Why? Because I Peter 5:7 ~
Valentine’s Day is a day to show our continued love to our mate. It’s not about playing catch-up, or make up. It’s an opportunity to say,
I’d choose you all over again!
But did the day slip up on you and you don’t have a gift, or an idea what to do for your husband? It’s hard isn’t it?! We don’t have a gift and it could be because of a shortage of
If you’re still scrambling and trying to think of a gift to show your husband your love today, here are some suggestions that can happen up to the last minute, if necessary!
- Purchase his favorite candy. Attach it to a piece of paper and be a little creative, using the name of the candy as your inspiration.
- I love you to Pieces. – Reeses
- Hugs and Kisses – Kisses
- You make life Bearable – Gummy Bears
- Pull out some old photos and create one new mini album for him.
- Write 25 of your favorite memories from your years together. Include it in your card.
- Write the word Valentine on the bathroom mirror using soap or a dry erase marker. Use each letter of the word to write why you love him.
- Bake his favorite treat. and serve it on your best dishes with candlelight.
- Make him chocolate covered strawberries.
- Go to Walgreens for a gift card for his favorite restaurant or store!
- Find a favorite picture of the two of your from the past year. Have an 8×10 made at Walgreens or other 1-hour photo and frame it.
- Make his favorite meal for supper. If you have children, feed them first and get them into bed, then serve your dinner for just the two of you.
- Make up your own love coupons for him.
Valentine’s is about love. So put your thinking cap on and be mindful about what demonstrates love to your spouse.
Even if he gets caught without a gift for you. Even if he forgets it;s Valentine’s Day. You be a lovely adornment to him today and let him know how much he means to you. Be his crown.
Refresh your marriage on Valentine’s Day.