I love it when simple meets delicious! These fudgy cookies can be mixed right in a saucepan and spooned onto the baking sheet. They end up crispy around the edges and soft in the middle.
I made these last weekend for a girl’s trip I went on, and they were the perfect ending to our poolside lunch! They were also the perfect little snack in the middle of the day! If you love chocolate AND a soft cookie, this is your recipe!
Cocoa Fudge Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°.
- Step 2 Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, soda, and salt; set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa powder and sugars (mixture will resemble coarse sand). Add yogurt and vanilla, stirring to combine. Add flour mixture, stirring until moist. Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Step 3 Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pans 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.
Are you a crispy cookie lover or do you prefer a soft cookie?