A super fast post today with a delicious flourless muffin you must make!! A friend recently shared this recipe with me and I made them IMMEDIATELY. We loved them and my very finicky grandson ate THREE!
You don’t have to be on a gluten-free diet to enjoy these! They have protein in the peanut butter, banana, honey and leavening. That’s it!
Super moist and yummy!
The recipe came from Averie Cooks. Check out the simple ingredients and instructions. She’s got lots of great looking recipes!
Now go bake some!
Do your friends share great recipes with you? What have you tried recently?
Meals can get boring if you don’t change things up a bit. I’ve found it’s all about The Sides! If you make your famous meatloaf or pork loin and just add a couple of different sides to along with it, it turns it into a brand new meal!
I love salads of all kinds, and a Spinach Salad is right up there with my favorites! I love this old standard, Continue reading “Spinach Salad With a Twist”
A hamburger and fries is a tempting treat occasionally, but when you see the calories and fat numbers, a guilt trip can arrive faster than your drive-through order!
But you know, eating right doesn’t have to mean you do without delicious food. This recipe for a hamburger and potatoes isn’t completely healthy, but it’s a lighter version
Continue reading “Hamburger Craving Fulfilled! ~ Hamburger Stacks”
Whether you have to eat Gluten-free, or you just love a good peanut butter-chocolate chip bar, this recipe is going to make your stomach smile! There’s no butter in these bars, but the peanut butter makes up for all the creaminess the butter would give! These take literally minutes to pull together, then only require 22 minutes in the oven, which means you are 30 minutes away from a delicious treat! These cut beautifully, and were just a perfect sweet any time of the day! This recipe came from WellPlated.com – a blog that is filled with lots of healthy and delicious recipes! I found her via Pinterest – where else?!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 cup creamy or crunch peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats – I used Quick oats and they worked fine!
- Place rack in the center of your oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla, then mix on medium low, just until incorporated. By hand, stir in the chocolate chips and oats.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 22 minutes, until golden and the top is set. Let cool completely in the pan. Remove, slice and serve.
We don’t eat Gluten-free, but these will stay in my recipe box because they’re just plain ol’ good!
With love from my country kitchen,