For this weekend you may have planned for lots of activities – maybe ballgames, shopping, cleaning, and housework. But have you also planned for FAMILY FUN? Maybe you will have fun with your family as you do those activities, but can I encourage you to also pre-plan for some fun?
Be intentional about thinking through what you could do as a family that would create fun, memories and laughter! After a stressful week of school and work, everyone needs to relax and have fun!! No matter if you’re single, married with no children, married with a whole brood – we all need to plan for a time of loosening and laughter! Consider:
- Making homemade pizzas. Let everyone make a mini one and create it to their personal taste.
- Playing games. Twister, Spot it! ( I saw a version of this at Tuesday Morning’s this week!), Hide and Seek, charades, Sorry!, etc.
- Watching old home DVD’s while munching on Popcorn
- Look through old photo albums (be willing to laugh at yourself!)
- Divide the family in half and have a two team digital scavenger hunt using Mom and Dad’s cell phones (parents as team captain). Take pictures of things like:Everyone on a horse, trying on funny shoes, buying a cookie, etc. Have a time limit and meet back and see who got the most/best pictures!
The possibilities are limitless. Just do it. Loosen up and laugh. It will be good medicine!
Laughter does good like a medicine.
I heard a great message about this yesterday. It will encourage you to keep having times of fun as a family!