On normal days (no special occasion happening) I like breakfast to be something with some protein, but also quick to prepare. One of my new favorite morning meals is Avocado Toast with a sweet twist.
The sweetness comes from a drizzle of honey over all the layers! That little bit of sweetness is the perfect touch! Of course I also sprinkle on Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. I like to make my own. It’s so much cheaper and I can control the ingredients. Let me tell you how I make my Avocado Toast and then I’ll share the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Make the avocado mixture by mashing up one ripe avocado with about 1/4 cup of light mayo. Add salt to taste.
- Fry an egg in a small saucepan sprayed with cooking spray. I like mine over easy.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread avocado mixture over toast.
- Top with egg.
- Sprinkle with Everything bu the Bagel Seasoning.
- Drizzle with honey.
Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons White Sesame Seeds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Diced Onion
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Mix in a bowl, then store in an airtight jar.
Have you tried Avocado toast? It seems a little strange at first, but one bite is all it takes to convince most that this is a breakfast that will change up the breakfast routine in a super-delicious (and sweet) way!