Final chapter of Adorned
Do any of these describe you?
- A young mom fought for control of her children. Not knowing how to make them obey, she promised rewards, and also threatened they’d lose everything they owned. The children won; the mom was disheartened and worn down.
- A husband and wife are on two separate pages. He does his thing, she does hers. The co-exist under one roof.
- Self-control is on the back burner. Whatever she wants, she has, not even thinking of the long-term personal cost.
- Depression is a way of life for her. She doesn’t even know how she’ll put her feet on the floor tomorrow.
On and on the scenarios go. It seems that every single day I’m reminded of the reasons behind books like, Adorned. Many times I’ve been one of the women I described above. But how I thank the Lord for the Gospel – the fact that Jesus Christ lived, died and rose again to give me eternal life and also abundant life in this present time. My life can have purpose, my marriage and parenting can gain direction. I am able to have wisdom to move forward and strength to overcome sin. That’s the story of the Gospel and the message behind Adorned that we’ve been studying for the last 15 weeks.
Who do you know that needs the truths we’ve talked about? Once we know these truths, we are responsible to share them with another woman so she can walk in growth and victory.
That they (the older women) may teach the young women…
Women need women to help them.
What’s the benefit?
- Informally teaching these lessons can make an older woman realize she has purpose. She won’t be lonely as she pours into younger women. She will look for ways to reach out. Even if you can’t leave home, you can call, Facetime, or chat with Facebook video.
- Younger women won’t feel desperate as a single woman or wife.
- Young moms won’t feel isolated or at a loss for what to do.
- Women will be filling the need for relationships and conversation.
What to do to get started:
- Get a copy of Adorned and read it through. Mark it up.
- Keep growing in God’s Word yourself.
- Ask for the Lord to bring someone into your life – young or old.
- Read separately, then get together and discuss it.
~What questions came to your mind while reading?
~How can I pray for you regarding this topic (loving your husband, submission, or kindness?)
- Pray together.
- Be available.
Or you could listen to the broadcasts that I’ve recorded that highlight each chapter of the book, Adorned. Listen and then discuss the lesson together. Stop it and talk. Share from your own life experiences. Pray together.
Another idea is to do a version of Apples of Gold. I’ve shared lots of post about this ministry. You can search Apples of Gold in the search engine here on my blog and find LOTS of ideas.
The point is, there is no cookie cutter way to invest in another woman. Pray and then allow the Lord to direct you. Be watchful and open. Then live out this passage of Scripture and be used of God to Adorn the Gospel – show the new life you have in Christ because He died and rose again! Show the purpose you have as a godly woman whose life has been changed by the Gospel!
I’d love to know – are you currently mentoring another woman? If not, what’s holding you back? If you are, I’d love to hear how it’s going!
Refresh someone else by mentoring them!