“Give me ten!” might be yelled out by a drill Sargent who is expecting his soldier to drop to the ground and give him ten push-ups. I’m not yelling a command to you, but I’d like to give you a suggestion that I heard recently.
“Give me ten” by thinking of ten things for which you thank God. Can you hold up your ten fingers and give thanks to the Lord on this Thanksgiving for Ten things He’s given you? Some might ramble off five or six pretty quickly, but then begin to slow down and have to really think to find the other four or five.
Here was my list this morning:
- My salvation, purchased by my Savior, Jesus Christ.
- God’s Word in which I can learn about the character of God and my need for Him.
- The Church. What a blessing to have the Body of Christ in which to fellowship, learn, pray, share and grow!
- My godly heritage. Having parents who know and love Christ is a great blessing!
- My sisters who know Christ and enable us to have an even greater bond.
- My godly husband God preserved for me who is a blessing every single day.
- My three daughters and two sons-in-law that love my girls and point them to Christ.; all gifts from a loving God’s hands
- Two grandsons -such precious grace gifts.
- The gift of friendships that make life sweeter and richer.
- The blessing of serving God – oh, the joy!
In your prayer time on Thanksgiving day, why not open your fingers while in prayer and find those ten things for which you are most grateful? Remember God gets the praise – He is the Giver of every good and perfect gift!
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17
Perhaps around your dinner table even the little ones can open their hands and give praise to God for ten things as they point to each finger! We are so blessed! Let’s count them one by one!
Happy Thanksgiving, Friends!
See you next week!
With a grateful heart,