Some days when I’m at the grocery store I enjoy meandering and just looking at the other things that aren’t on my list. I look at the gourmet food section, the stationery, cards, books, fresh flowers, exotic fruits, jellies and jams, all the ice cream flavors in the freezer…you get the picture.
Everyone has to go grocery shopping, and sometimes it can be less than my favorite job. Want a way to refresh this mundane task? How about looking for a $5 splurge to spend on something you love? We all have a budget for groceries, and have to stick with that, but every now and then it’s fun to splurge just a little – even at the grocery store. And you know what? It’s really okay. What little splurge would you enjoy? Why not treat yourself to a $5 splurge the next time you go to the grocery? It could buy something really special. How about…
- A bouquet of daisies. You might even have a dollar or so left over!
- A small bottle of good Olive Oil
- A block of specialty cheese
- A crafting or decorating magazine
- A special card to send to a friend
- A package of seasonal paper napkins
- A gourmet coffee – okay, $5 would only buy 1/2 or 1/3 of a pound, but still…
- A couple new flavors of coffee creamer
- A fall mum
Yesterday at our local Ingles store, I saw all of the above. I didn’t do my splurge yet…but I will!
What would you buy if you could splurge $5? I’d love to hear!
See you in church Sunday!