Okay, so you love to get in the kitchen and stir up some delicious recipe, but then you turn around and look at the sink and counter behind you, and you groan. Dirty Dishes are piled everywhere!
Then you think to yourself, “This is why I don’t like to cook! There’s such a mess when I’m finished!”
Here’s a simple way to refresh yourself instead of causing yourself grief when in the kitchen cooking:
- Fill the sink with hot soapy water.
|A sink of dishes in hot soapy water sure looks better than a counter full of a mess!|
- As you’re working, put the dirty utensils in the hot water to be soaking.
- When there’s a lull in the action (you’re waiting for the first batch of cookies to bake, or the water has to boil for spaghetti), go to the sink and wash up whatever is in the sink.
- Keep doing that the whole time you’re in the kitchen, and by the time you’re finished baking or cooking, most of your prep dishes should be clean and in the dish drainer!
- Also, as you’re cooking/baking, put away each ingredient when you’re finished using it, rather than just setting it on the counter.
A clean kitchen will even refresh you as you sit down to eat the meal you’ve prepared!
Now, fill that sink up and make this Baked French Toast for a breakfast for this weekend. You’ll love it!
For 8 pieces of toast:
1/4 cup melted butter (1/2 stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar
Mix and pour half into 8 x 8 pan. Reserve other half of sugar mixture.
1 teaspoon vanilla
Bake at 350 30-35 minutes in the morning.
That praline mixture on the bottom of the dish and on the top of the bread is divine! Enjoy!
What are your tips for keeping things clean as you cook or bake?
See you in church Sunday!