Yesterday afternoon was “Migraine afternoon.” No fun. No energy. No pizzazz. This one was a doozy. I’m convinced that the Lord gives those whoppers to me to make me STOP. I am forced to rest. I normally push myself, even when I don’t feel terrific, but there’s no pushing when these hit. I’m down for the count. So, I sat on the chaise lounge. I watched Little House on the Prairie. I sat on the back deck on the swing and listened to a message on my phone. I sat on the couch and watched it rain. Then about eight hours later, I was feeling like a human being again.
When was the last time you stopped and rested? We (I) shouldn’t wait until we’re sick to do so. It’s best that we take time each day to just cool it a bit and get refreshed. Hmmm, I think that’s why I started these Friday posts! I guess I’d better start following my own advice. Maybe you need to stop too.
Need a suggestion?
- Go out on your porch and sit in the cool of the summer evening. Watch the lightening bugs.
- Take a ride in the country.
- Stop for an ice cream.
- Go swimming.
- Take a ride out on the boat.
- Sit and read in a comfy chair
- Go to the Farmer’s Market this weekend and just enjoy strolling through the vendor’s booths.
- Play a game with your spouse.
- Watch a favorite old movie.
- Look through photo albums.
- Go to a baseball game in your city.
- Pack a picnic and go to the park for lunch.