How are you planning on giving this Christmas? Oh, I don’t mean the gifts you’re exchanging, but what will you share with others? There are folks right under our noses that could use a visit, in invitation for dinner, a knock on their door with a plate of cookies, or just a listening ear.
How about considering a way your you or your family could serve someone else on Christmas Eve or Christmas day?
- People that are in nursing homes would love to be sung to.
- Shut-in’s are lonely and need a cheerful holiday visit.
- Someone who has lost a loved one could use a sweet reminder of the one they’re missing. Perhaps you could share an ornament for the tree or a tree to be planted in their loved one’s memory.
- A couple whose children live out of town might be alone for Christmas. Perhaps they’d love to have dinner with you!
- Firemen, nurses, doctors, policemen all work on Christmas. A tray of goodies and a “thank you” would surely brighten their holiday!
- People who are waiting in the hospital ICU for a loved one often need a snack or bottle of water. Why not stop in the waiting room and offer them a refreshment from your kitchen?
- Neighbors seldom speak to one another. Why not bundle up your family and carol down your street on Christmas Eve?