A Peek into My Life This Week
Seven years ago was when I learned about Apples Of Gold Nurturing Ministry. I was “gung-ho” and ready to begin it from the moment I learned about it! But the timing wasn’t right. There were many needs God had to provide to make it happen. Waiting for the Lord to bring to pass a burden on your heart is far better than pushing and making it happen yourself!
Yesterday began our first Apples Of Gold class and we had a FANTASTIC time together. As I opened our time in prayer, I couldn’t help but weep, remembering how I’d prayed for this. My heart was overflowing with joy.
All the mentors were at my house early to pray together and get in their places. One was at the door, one was at the sink for clean-up duty, and one was ready to greet the younger women when they got into the kitchen.
|click on the picture to enlarge|
1. I can’t tell you the joy it was to my heart to have those women surround the counter as we chatted and cooked. We shared our tips and secrets for meal-planning, knife sharpening, scone-making, pineapple cutting, and on and on for an hour.
2. The two ladies standing were two of the mentors who were at my elbow, whisking my dirty prep dishes away, handing me things I needed for the recipe and checking on food that was cooking. Talk about a blessing! They were such a huge help!
3. This lady was on dish-washing duty. What a worker!
4. The other mentor taught our lesson on kindness. The teacher in her jumped out and lovingly lead the ladies through the Scriptures and encouraged them in displaying kindness to a world that needs the Savior.
I have a bunch more pictures from the day, but I just wanted to highlight our time together. If you’re not involved in mentoring a younger woman, perhaps it’s something the Lord will tug at your heart about as He did mine seven years ago. What a blessing to serve the Lord as we serve these sweet young women! Ask the Lord how you could get involved in a younger woman’s life and see what He will do!
Would you mind to answer two questions for me today?
1. Have you ever been mentored?
2. What hinders you from mentoring a younger woman?
With love from my country porch,