Meals can get boring if you don’t change things up a bit. I’ve found it’s all about The Sides! If you make your famous meatloaf or pork loin and just add a couple of different sides to along with it, it turns it into a brand new meal!
I love salads of all kinds, and a Spinach Salad is right up there with my favorites! I love this old standard, but I recently tried a Spinach Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette from Cooking Light that another scrumptious reason to eat salad every day! The vinaigrette is so good I used my spoon to eat what was left on my salad plate! The salad has apples and bacon which the dressing enhances. You can leave out any item you don’t like, but just be sure to make the dressing!!
Spinach Salad with Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots (about 1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Braeburn apple
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach