I don’t typically “pig-out” on anything, but if there’s one thing I might be tempted to eat LOTS of, it would be buttery, slightly salty popcorn! To me it’s the best nighttime snack!
Recently I’ve found that using coconut oil in place of butter is really tasty! It adds a tiny bit of sweetness and the oil does what the butter would do. I’m not sure how it compares, nutrition-wise, but I’m thinking it would be a little better for me.
Here’s how I make it…
- Pour popcorn kernels into a microwaveable bowl that has a lid, covering the bottom with kernels.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Place lid on bowl.
- Microwave 4 minutes or so, or until kernels slow down popping.
- Using hot pads, remove bowl.
- Add salt. Replace lid and shake.
I eat popcorn two or three times a month. It’s one little fun thing my husband and I enjoy after prayer meeting on Wednesday night. We’ll pop the corn, turn on Andy Griffith and snuggle together on the sofa and munch and laugh. Sweet times…or maybe salty, but it’s delicious and it’s my favorite snack!
What is your favorite snack?