Today I turn 60.
There I said it. I can’t believe it, but it’s true.
However, I realize that even a birthday with a zero at the end of it is a blessing, not a curse. It is a gift, not something to be hidden. It really doesn’t matter if others know how old I am. It doesn’t change anything, right?
I truly do feel so very blessed. This stage of life is a joy to my heart. I may have a little more wisdom than when I was 40 or 50. I also have new joys now that I didn’t have then! As a matter of fact, I have a whole list of blessings:
- Christ is my Savior.
- I was saved on my 8th birhtday, so today also marks 52 years of being his child!
- The Word of God is even more precious than last year!
- So many prayer requests have been answered since last September!
- I’ve had the joy of bringing several people to Christ since my last birthday!
- My husband is a precious gift every single day and we celebrated 37 years together in June!
- My two daughters have become like dear friends in this season of life.
- My sons-in-law care for my girls and they are precious gifts, too!
- My two grandsons have added a new joy to every single day!
- I still have the joy of my parents’ relationship!
- I have two of the best sisters a girl could have!
- My brothers-in-law are also great friends!
- God has given me some truly special friends that pour into my life daily.
- My church family is growing!
- I get to serve the Lord in my church.
- I also have the blessing of going out and serving the Lord in other ministries.
- I live in America.
- I live in the south!
- I live in Tennessee!
- I live in the mouontains of Tennessee!
- I get to live in a house in the country.
- I have daily provisions in abundance.
- My migraines are fewer than they used to be!
- I have the ability to walk, see, talk, hear, breathe, eat, think and work!
- I have the cutest/sweetest cat on the planet. =^..^=
- I have the freedom to write a blog and share my thoughts every weekday.
- There are so many sweet people that read my posts and encourage my heart.
- I had the joy of writing chapters for two books this year.
- I’ve enjoyed many special famly times this last year with my extended and immediate family.
- Many friends and family have passed through our home through the year.
- I have the time to sit and recount these 30+ a million blessings!
My verse for myself for this decade is Psalm 92:14
They will still bear fruit in old age;
they will stay fresh and green.
As I age, I long for the Lord to use my life for His glory! I am thanking my God for the joy of this day and for yet another year to live for Him!
Thanks for letting me share these joys with you!
23 thoughts on “Birthday Blessings”
Happy Birthday 🎂
Thank you, Amanda! It was a special day!
Happy Birthday! May your day be richly blessed!
It was indeed a blessed day! Thank you!
Happy Birthday! You are such a blessing and I look forward to reading your blog!
Thank you for both the wishes and the encouragement!
Thank you so much!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Happy Birthday Denise ! I am thankful for you and your ministry. I look forward to reading your thoughts, reflections, recipes, decorating tips, clothing choices, and the Biblical premise on which you base everything that you do and say. You are a godly example at any age. 🎂
Elaine, thank you so much for reading my simple thoughts and ideas. Thanks too, for the sweet comment about being an example “at any age.” That is truly my desire, no matter the number of my years! ❤️
Happy Birthday!!! Appreciate your perspective, and the encouragement to the rest of us to count our blessings no matter what our age!! And . . . . to be used for God’s glory. May we all finish well!!
Thank you, Stephanie. We’re not home yet, are we? God wants to use us each day! Praying you’ll find all the ways He wants to use your life this year!
Happy Birthday 🙂
It was a special day in so many ways! Thank you for adding to those joys!
Happy birthday, Denise! I am encouraged by that verse as well … love the thought that we can still bring forth fruit in old age!
Thank you so much. Yes, fruit no matter the age is such a blessing!!
Happy Birthday, Denise! What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday…counting so many rich blessings! I hope that your day has been special – and you have been spoiled:) Your blog – as well as the chance I had to meet you in person – continues to be a blessing to me. Always instructed and encouraged each morning after checking in!
That verse is a good one for any decade. The KJV says, “They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;” Oh yes, I’m taking that one to heart!!:)
Thank you, Jennifer. I truly was spoiled on my birthday. So many blessings and joys abounded!! Having long-distance friends like you, (and yes, the joy of meeting you, too), makes me a rich woman!
Happy Birthday dear Denise! YOU are one of God’s blessings in my life – so thankful He created you : )
How sweet; I am thankful for friends like you that I’ve gained here on my blog!
Happy Birthday to a very special lady.
Thank you so much! I’m certainly blessed by friends like you!