Today I turn 60.
There I said it. I can’t believe it, but it’s true.
However, I realize that even a birthday with a zero at the end of it is a blessing, not a curse. It is a gift, not something to be hidden. It really doesn’t matter if others know how old I am. It doesn’t change anything, right?
I truly do feel so very blessed. This stage of life is a joy to my heart. I may have a little more wisdom than when I was 40 or 50. I also have new joys now that I didn’t have then! As a matter of fact, I have a whole list of blessings:
- Christ is my Savior.
- I was saved on my 8th birhtday, so today also marks 52 years of being his child!
- The Word of God is even more precious than last year!
- So many prayer requests have been answered since last September!
- I’ve had the joy of bringing several people to Christ since my last birthday!
- My husband is a precious gift every single day and we celebrated 37 years together in June!
- My two daughters have become like dear friends in this season of life.
- My sons-in-law care for my girls and they are precious gifts, too!
- My two grandsons have added a new joy to every single day!
- I still have the joy of my parents’ relationship!
- I have two of the best sisters a girl could have!
- My brothers-in-law are also great friends!
- God has given me some truly special friends that pour into my life daily.
- My church family is growing!
- I get to serve the Lord in my church.
- I also have the blessing of going out and serving the Lord in other ministries.
- I live in America.
- I live in the south!
- I live in Tennessee!
- I live in the mouontains of Tennessee!
- I get to live in a house in the country.
- I have daily provisions in abundance.
- My migraines are fewer than they used to be!
- I have the ability to walk, see, talk, hear, breathe, eat, think and work!
- I have the cutest/sweetest cat on the planet. =^..^=
- I have the freedom to write a blog and share my thoughts every weekday.
- There are so many sweet people that read my posts and encourage my heart.
- I had the joy of writing chapters for two books this year.
- I’ve enjoyed many special famly times this last year with my extended and immediate family.
- Many friends and family have passed through our home through the year.
- I have the time to sit and recount these 30+ a million blessings!
My verse for myself for this decade is Psalm 92:14
They will still bear fruit in old age;
they will stay fresh and green.
As I age, I long for the Lord to use my life for His glory! I am thanking my God for the joy of this day and for yet another year to live for Him!
Thanks for letting me share these joys with you!