Days, weeks, and months of our lives can be filled with stress. If you’re blessed to have a marriage partner, you can help one another deal with the stress. Here are ten ways to do that.
- Refresh daily with God’s Word. Only His Word can help YOU be what you need to be.
- Always put your spouse first. This requires humility…see point #1!
- Learn to say “NO.” This means you’re saying, “Yes” to more important things!
- Build together time into your schedule. If you don’t put it in, it likely won’t happen.
5. Cut out ministries that are burdensome and stale. If you’re plugging away at a ministry at church with no heart, it’s better to give it up and get refreshed. This will also allow you time to pour into your marriage, which is your FIRST ministry!
6. Serve together! Aquila and Priscilla served as a husband/wife team. Where could you serve with your spouse rather than away from him?
7. Communicate clearly and respectfully. Don’t use your words to punish!
8. Plan ahead. The anticipation of a fun date or time together is half the fun to me! If you plan it ahead of time, it will help you get through the stress-filled days of life!
9. Be “touchy.” Hold hands, hug, love with touch. It’s amazing what a loving hug will do after a hard time, isn’t it?!
10. Trust God. That means trust Him together. Stop together and pray about that stress. Read a passage of Scripture to your husband that encouraged your heart in the midst of your difficult day.
These ten points will also reduce stress IN your marriage. Which ones do you need to apply today?
Refresh the stress in your life with the mate the Lord gave you.
2 thoughts on “Ten Stress-Reducers For Marriage”
Great list! Timely reminders for me and God sent by you:)
I’m so glad it was helpful! God knows what we need, doesn’t He?