On Saturday Sharee was telling me about what she was fixing for dinner that day. It was Chicken and Dumplings IN THE CROCK POT! The recipe sounded unbelievably easy. Then she sent me a message later in the day to say that it turned out absolutely delicious! I asked her for pictures and a recipe to share with you, and she was happy to oblige. Lucky us!
She found this recipe on Beauty and Bedlam
This what what Sharee had to say about the recipe:
Here are Sharee’s results:
How good this would be at the end of a busy winter work day! All you have to do when you get home is pop in the biscuit/dumplings and let them cook!
Thanks for sharing, Sharee!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (I have used one can of chicken and can of celery or mushroom for variety)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 – 2 tablespoons, mix and match your choice of favorite seasoning – choices are: garlic powder, all purpose or poultry seasoning, paprika, cumin, dried parsley, rosemary, thyme.
- 1 small onion, diced (optional, but we love it, finely diced)
- 1 – bag of frozen or canned mixed veggies (optional)
- 1 can of flaky refrigerator biscuits – you may desire two if your family wants lots of dumplings
- Place the chicken, butter, soup,seasonings, onion, (and optional veggies) in a slow cooker.
- Pour chicken stock to cover.
- Cover, and cook for about 4 hours on High or 7 hours on low. (All slow cookers vary)
- About one hour before serving, take lid off of crock pot and shred chicken with fork.
- Then take biscuits, flatten and tear into fourths. Place the torn biscuit dough in crock pot, making sure that you push pieces down into the liquid, so the tops are covered as well.
- Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center. (If you’ve been cooking on low & need to hurry the process, turn up to high until dough has cooked.)
|This is seriously the best Sunday roast ever. The broth turned gravy is so savory on the meat and potatoes.
You must try this some day!