I love so much about this time of year ~ the joy of the Story of Christ’s birth and God’s promise fulfilled in His Son, time with family, lights, music, traditions, parties, good food and special treats…it’s all so special.
This week has been brimming with all those things. Let me give you a little peek…
|Click on pictures to enlarge|
1. Bible club – We had a Birthday Party for Jesus yesterday. We had Christmas tree cakes and hot chocolate after rehearsing the Christmas story with flannel graph and singing the new song they’d learned. What a joy this is to my heart each week!
2. After Bible club we headed to Pigeon Forge for the afternoon. We’re blessed to be less than two hours from the fun of this mountain vacation spot. This picture was in the Old Mill area ~ a favorite spot of ours.
3. This picture was taken on a little dinner date we had earlier this week.
4. We spent a short time at Dollywood yesterday ~ before the rains came! Then it was too cool and wet to enjoy the park, so we opted for the lights in town in a nice, dry car! This was the tree at the main fountain.
5. We had dinner with Alli and Andrew at Apple Barn before our Dollywood adventure. That was a fun time with a delicious meal and great company!
6. This adorable mouse (or is it a bear?) was outside the Apple Barn. Too cute! The large picture was in the same area.
7. Love the red berries and the bird house outside the Apple Barn.
There was beauty everywhere we went. What a fun week this has been! And today’s Christmas Eve! It’s also my dad’s birthday ~ another special reason to celebrate! I’m praying you enjoy this special day and the one to follow tomorrow. God bless you, my blog readers as you rejoice in our Savior’s birth!