It wasn’t until a few years ago at my friend’s house that I tasted a Pomegranate. Seriously, where have these little guys been all my life? Not only are they delicious, they’re really good for you! It has little seeds that are full of juice. Only the seeds and juice are edible, but they are full of flavor and the seeds have a nice little crunch. With all the other fruit I’ve been buying at Aldi’s recently, Pomegranates have been a major score at a little under a dollar.
They might look a little intimidating to peel, but they’re very easy to open up. You don’t peel it like an orange or cut it like an apple – you do a little of both.
- Cut around the top and kind of “scalp” it so that the lid of the fruit lifts off.
- Score down, from top to bottom, where you see the six sections
- Pop one section off at a time. The seeds will come right out. Repeat on all the other sections.
What a nice addition this is to a daily fruit intake!
- Put in Vanilla yogurt
- Add it to fruit salad
- Top your hot oatmeal
- Make juice with it
- Sprinkle some over your salad
- Add it to a smoothie
- Put on Top of Vanilla ice cream
- Eat it right from the fruit!
Freshen up your Friday with a yummy Pomegranate! It’s even the right color for this Valentine weekend!
Do you eat Pomegranate? How do you eat it?