Do you know what this is a picture of?
What is encouragement? [en-kur-ij-muh nt] It is
Last weekend a group of friends gathered to encourage me! It was a
total jaw dropping shock surprise gathering. The reason for our time together was strictly to encourage me in a ministry the Lord has allowed me to do for Him. I can’t tell you how many tears I shed on that afternoon as those dear ladies shared and encouraged my heart, loved me, and gave touching gifts of appreciation.
Since that time with my friends, I have truly been stimulated and felt assisted from the backing they gave me! It refreshed my vigor in my ministry and has given me a new vision for the days ahead.
What ministry does someone do for which you are really thankful? Why not ask the Lord to give you a creative idea about how you could refresh them with your encouragement? At our time together, we shared a delicious lunch, they shared their appreciation with me and gave me precious gifts. Then we ended with a time of prayer.
Even if you did something on a much smaller scale, the receiver will be so thankful! Consider one of these ideas:
- Wrap a candy bar and giving it accompanied with a note.
- Send a hand-written card with your appreciation.
- Invite the person over for a meal or dessert and share your appreciation verbally.
- Take them out for ice cream or coffee and tell them what a blessing they’ve been to you.
- If they teach a class you attend, preach at your church, lead your choir or do anything else that involves a whole group of other people, let everyone go in and add a line or two on a card. Give it to them at your weekly gathering.
And let us consider how to stir up
one another to love and good works…
If the person you refresh with your encouragement is half as blessed as I have been from what I received recently, it will be the blessing of a lifetime!
Refresh someone with your encouragement!
Encourage your pastor with your presence in church on Sunday!