Since this is the beginning of my Summer series, I thought we’d start with a little “Getting to Know You” post!
Let me tell some details about myself you might not know:
- I am an identical twin. I was the bossy one…imagine that. (Sorry, Dianne!)
- I was born in Michigan and lived there until I was 13 and we moved to KY. The rest of my life I’ve been a Southern girl and love that very much!
- My husband and I have been married nearly 36 years (as of 20th of June). He is 17 inches taller than me! Someone told us yesterday they used us as a couple to teach their kids opposites! Hmmm… Well, they do attract, don’t they?
- Fire and I have a lot of stories. One was in my bedroom, one was at a wedding. Three have been in a kitchen…and I teach women how to cook. Yikes!!
- I love chocolate, but I only eat it a bite or two at a time. My girls get annoyed at finding chocolate in my kitchen drawers that has turned white from age.
- I loved writing stories when I was in elementary school and my 4th grade teacher encouraged me to keep writing. I won first place in a creative writing contest in high school, writing a story for children called, What’s Up In the Sky?
- My grandmother grew up in England. It’s my dream to visit there some day.
- I grew up playing softball with my dad, who pitched fast-pitch for our church team. Even at my small stature, I could knock the ball over the heads of those in the field. That was pretty impressive in elementary school!!
- My first official job was cashier at Hardees – that was in the day before computer-like cash registers that told you how much change to give! My mom sat down with me and showed me how to make correct change. My next job was bus-girl at Holiday Inn restaurant. My twin sister had the far more glamorous job as hostess!
- The only season I don’t love is winter. I’m an outdoor girl!
- I have always had an herb garden in every home we’ve lived in.
- I’ve only gone for about 3 months of my life that I didn’t own a cat…or have the cats owned me???
So there are a few fun facts about me!
This spring while attending a ladies’ retreat at The Wilds, I met several women who told me they read my blog regularly. That was such a blessing to hear! Will you leave a comment and tell me how you found out about my blog, or how long you’ve been reading, or how we met? I’d love that!!
Do you have a guess as to which one I am in the picture above? =)
Stay refreshed this weekend by attending a Bible preaching church!