While my girls and I were on our trip a couple weeks ago, I suggested we make a simple craft together. Neither of them having the love for crafting that I do, so I wasn’t sure how they would respond. I sent them a picture of a fall banner and they loved it! I assured them it would require very little skill. They were happy and I was too! We were going to get to craft!!!
This cute banner is truly the easiest to assemble. I’ll show you the steps we took to get great results:
- 4 wooden squares or rectangles – ours were about 4 x 6
- Solid color burlap ribbon
- Printed wired burlap ribbon for bow
- Stencil letters for FALL
- Sponge Brush
- Black and white acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun
1. Paint the wooden squares black. You can do both sides if you want a finished look. However, the back side won’t show when it’s hanging. Let paint dry.
2. Center the stencil on the square. Tape in place. Using a stencil brush or a sponge brush, dab in white paint and pounce the brush lightly inside the stencil so the paint doesn’t bleed under the stencil. Let dry.
3. Measure a piece of solid burlap ribbon long enough for each square with space in between, and room to fold over the top.
4. Make a bow with the patterned ribbon.
5. Fold top of plain ribbon over and insert a piece of jute inside to use for hanging.
6. Hot glue squares onto ribbon. Hot glue bow onto top of banner. Trim the end of the banner ribbon to a point.
Display and smile because you made it!!
Are you a fan of crafting? What have you made for fall?