Last week Whitney shared the explanation of High Five for Friday. It’s a place where bloggers can list their posts listing five favorite things from the past week. Today I’d like to do a little twist on that and have a High Five for Prayer. I’d love to share with you answers to prayer in my personal life and give God the glory for all He has done!
- He has revealed Truth me that I needed to learn. During our recent week of evangelistic meetings, I woke up one morning just feeling out of sorts. I got into the Word and had my prayer time in the morning but still had an uneasiness in my spirit. As I went about my day, it was really troubling me and I asked the Lord, “Father, why am I like this from time to time? What is causing this irritability in my spirit?” It was later that night in the service that God used our evangelist to give me my answer. It came from James 4 – When I’m want something that I’m not getting, I get irritable. It could be I’m not getting my way, or I’m inconvenienced by someone, or slowed down on the Interstate. God showed me so clearly the answer to the question I asked Him earlier. I got it right and I thanked Him that He so graciously gave me my answer so quickly so I could win over this selfishness. My God cares about my growth enough to answer my prayers regarding those very issues!
- I believe God brought healing to me. I recently had a nasty lesion on my arm looked at by my dermatologist. Her immediate response was, “This concerns me greatly.” A biopsy was taken and a few days later they called to tell me it was a Squamous Cell Carcinoma and it would have to come off. When I went to have the procedure done, the doctor entered the room and said that the biopsy was inconclusive and she wasn’t absolutely sure it was cancer. When she did the “scrape and burn” procedure, it had no roots and didn’t look at all suspicious. Praise His name!
- He clearly directed me in an important decision. When looking for direction about an opportunity to serve Him, I was totally unsure of what to do. As I prayed God began to bring an answer to my heart using the preaching of His Word that I heard on a podcast. I then had no doubt that God was opening this door for me, and I knew that the only way this could be accomplished was through His enabling! He made it very clear that if I trusted Him He would equip me. It’s been a blessing to my heart because I know it is all of Him and none of me!!
- He provided a desire in my heart for a material thing I felt was a need. I don’t know what I need, but my God does, so I prayed about something personal that I felt would help me, but there was the financial burden of it. We had the money, but it was designated for other things. I gave the matter to the Lord. I told Him I only wanted His will, and if I was asking for something He knew would not be the best for me, to please not provide. Later in the day my husband asked me if I had made an order. I told him, “No. I didn’t feel like we could afford it. The next minute I looked at my phone to see a text telling me that the price had been reduced by half! It was totally in my range now and it was only by the graciousness of my God. This is a “small” thing, but it’s huge because it was a clear reminder to me that God cares about the little things in our lives. He is a good, good Father. I’m reminded of this verse –If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? Luke 11:13
And now the best for last…
- He allowed my daughter and son-in-law to finalize the adoption of their two sons this past week! I’m officially a Gigi!! (In case you’re not aware of the situation, I wrote about their foster parenting journey here .) It’s been two years of praying, waiting, (yes worrying!), then praying some more! It’s been up and downs, questions with no answers, paperwork and endless visits and appointments, but this past Friday the adoption was official! Perhaps you saw Whitney’s post about the party we had last Saturday. It was certainly a time of rejoicing!
The Lord has shown Himself so wonderfully in this whole process. I’m reminded that He was at work even when we could not see. His hand was caring and loving those little boys and providing for them when we wondered about their future. He loves them even more than we do. God has made my own spiritual adoption become a doctrine that is richer than I ever understood it to be before these boys entered our lives! I am so thankful for this rich answer to prayer!
Psalm 3 is a passage I have recently memorized and it has become so very precious to me. Let me share part of it here –
What are you praying for? Do as the psalmist and cry aloud with your voice. Call. Ask. Then He will give you sleep, too. You can awaken knowing that He is at work doing what only a loving, omniscient, sovereign God could do! Don’t give up. Keep on praying!
Do you have an answer to prayer? I’d love to hear what God has done in your life recently!
Refresh your prayer life with praising Him for His answers,