I’ve shared several recipes for granola here like this one that is a favorite for my husband, but I recently was out of my normal ingredients so I looked for a recipe that I could make with things I had on hand. I came across a Peanut Butter Granola that honestly tastes like a Peanut Butter Cookie crumbled up! However, it has Coconut oil and oats, so that makes it a bit more healthy! This is perfect to eat alone or on top of fruit and yogurt. I tweaked the recipe a bit and here’s what I came up with:
Peanut Butter Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 Cup mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla. Tip: If you melt the coconut oil in a measuring cup first, then use that same measuring cup for the honey, it will slide right out!
- Once fully combined, press onto lined parchment paper – spread into flat layer.
- Baked for 18-22 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown.
- While it’s slightly warm, add chocolate chips and let cool. Once cooled completely, break granola apart.
I store mine in a seal-tight container on the counter.
I sprinkle a tablespoon over my morning yogurt for a little sweetness and crunch. What a yummy way to start the day!
Refresh your breakfast with homemade granola!