Oh man, this post is WAY out of the zone of my comfort OR my expertise! Please know that I am no fitness guru as I share this with you! I’m sharing this post because several asked to see my 15-minute routine when I shared this recently about how all the little things add up (and they really do!).
I simply snapped a few photos of what I do to get a little exercise, to keep limber and slightly toned! I’ve been doing these for years. I also try to walk two miles at a brisk pace several times a week. That’s not a lot, but it’s enough to get me outside, keep me moving, and help with bone strength and wellness.
So, if you’re ready, I’ll take a breath and share my simple routine.
Starting with the top left and going across, here’s what I do:
- First and second pictures are my sit ups. I do about 30. Hands are at my side so I”m not tempted to pull myself up as I would if my hands were behind my head.
- Third picture on top is a
stomach killerleg lift. Lay on back and lift legs slowly up and raise until you can touch your toes. Then lower slowly to the floor. I do as many as I can handle, increasing each time.
- Long rectangular pictures is a simple routine of touching my toes, side to side. I do 100.
- Bottom row, first picture is a squat. Feet slightly apart, keeping spine straight, squat to a slight sitting position, then stand. I do 30.
- Bottom row, second picture is a curl from side to side that stretches and trims the waist.
- Third pic on bottom is a plank. Hold the position you see in the picture for graduated/increasing times. I’m up to about 1 minute 30 seconds.
Again, I’m no expert, and I’m sure I could be greatly instructed by someone one proficient, but you asked, so there you go!
Are you one who needs to exercise, one who wants to exercise OR are you someone who does exercise? I’d love to know!
Refresh yourself with some calisthenics!