I have an old recipe for you today that can serve as either an appetizer OR a side dish. It can be served any time of the year, but because it’s served with a (red) marinara or spaghetti sauce, it makes a great accompaniment to a Christmas menu! This is also a budget-friendly recipe!
This Toasted Ravioli is super fast and easy, and is a true crowd pleaser. I discovered this recipe years ago in my Southern Living Cookbook. Being crispy on the outside and cheesy on the inside, makes it irresistible! It’s a perfect finger food appetizer, but you can also serve it alongside a meal, as I did recently.
- Packaged frozen Cheese Ravioli – Thawed
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Cooking oil – Canola works well
- Marinara or Spaghetti Sauce
- In a dish, combine seasoned bread crumbs and about half as much Parmesan cheese.
- In another dish, combine one egg and milk
- Dip ravioli in egg wash, then breadcrumbs. Place enough oil in the bottom of a medium skillet. After it gets hot, add ravioli, a few at a time, Toast until golden This will only take a couple of minutes. Keep warm.
- Serve with a marinara or spaghetti sauce.
I made this French Bread to go along with the meal. I broiled it until it was lightly browned and crisp. This has come to be one of my favorite breads to make because I can have bread in two hours from start to finish.
I hope you’ll add this ravioli recipe to your menu soon, then let me know what you thought about it!