It’s always kind of hard to know what to wear as the seasons are transitioning, isn’t it? We had snow yesterday, but we have had some very warm temperatures in recent weeks, too. You can go from needing a heavy coat in the morning to not needing one at all by supper! So like last fall, the answer for me is layering.
Who cares what Punxsutawney Phil saw on February 2nd? If the Lord allows winter to keep residence in our current location, we can still bring a little bit of spring inside without using tulips and daffodils. It will cheer your heart and encourage your spirit!
Here’s what you can do to freshen up your house and get it ready for spring – no matter the temperature outside.
- Get rid of Christmas decor. Make sure to scour the house for any and all traces of Christmas decor still left out. It can hide in places where it’s easy to overlook, can’t it?! Store it away and get it into its rightful place so it will be ready for next year.
- Use greens. A boxwood wreath is a great intermediate wreath for your front door. Add silk herbs and succulents throughout the house.
- Add colorful fruit – real or faux as a pretty spot of color in your kitchen or dining area.
- Remove heavy throws and blankets that you used as decor. If you live in a place that’s still cold, put those within reach, but don’t use them as decor.
- Change things up! This would be a good time to rearrange furniture or decor pieces a little. I added a mirror on my piano so it would reflect the windows that are opposite it. It brings in extra light and that’s a huge plus in my book!
- Refresh your entry way. Make it bright and airy feeling. Remove boots, scarves and such from this area. Add brighter colors and touches.
I hope this gives you a few ideas as to how to add some pre-spring touches to your home and lift your winter doldrums!
Is it still cold and snowy where you live? Or are you like us and are having 70 degree weather? I know it won’t stay, but we’re loving it!!