- Coat chicken with Tex-Mex Spice Mix. cover and chill 8 hours (you could do it for less time if in a hurry)
- Cook chicken in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side, or ’til done. Chill.
- Chop chicken and place in a medium bowl. Add mango and next 4 ingredients.
- Place each tortilla in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 11/2 minutes or until crisp.
- Place lettuce into tortilla shells; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings
Serve with Spicy Southwestern Dressing.
Spicy Southwestern Dressing – Make a batch of this spice mix to use in the Chicken Taco Salad. Save leftover mix for the next time you make this recipe, or to use in any recipe that needs a little extra zip.
1 Tbl. Tex-Mex Spice Mix
2 Tbl. lime juice
1 Tbl. vegetable oil
2 tbl. water
1 tsp. sugar
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Tex-Mex Spice Mix
3 Tbl. chili powder
2 tbl. ground cumin
1 tbl. ground black pepper
1 tbl. salt
1 tbl. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
Per serving: Calories 352 (25% from fat) Fat 9.9g – Compare this to Taco Bell’s Taco salad with 790 calories and 42 g fat! This will make you stay at home and eat!