|Like the remote control by my husband’s plate? Yeah, the race at Bristol was on. =)
Thankfully for me, he watches it with no volume.
No Sugar Apple Pie
Lemon-Herb Roast Chicken with Pan Gravy
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Tbl. Fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 roasting chicken
1/4 cup chicken broth
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grate lemon zest and squeeze juice from lemon.
2. Stir lemon zest, lemon juice, soup, rosemary, thyme and garlic in medium bowl. Reserve 1 cup soup mixture for gravy. Place chicken into shallow roasting pan.
3. Roast chicken 20 min. Brush chicken with 1/4 cup soup mixture.
4. Roast 1 hour and 15 min. or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
5. Spoon off fat from pan juices. Stir in broth in roasting pan and heat over medium high heat to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in reserved soup mixture and water and cook until mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve gravy with chicken.
|That creamy gravy is flavored with the lemon and those fresh herbs. DE-lish!|
To make this for Sunday dinner…
Turn the oven to 260 degrees. Follow steps 1 and 2, Brush 1/4 cup soup mixture over chicken. Place in oven and go to church. =) When you get home, proceed with step 5.
|Tender, juicy and flavorful Sunday Roast Chicken!|
This Salad is a great side dish. It mixes up really fast and adds a little bit of sweetness with your meal.
Banana Pineapple Salad
1/4 – 1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbl. lemon juice
Mix in small saucepan and stir over medium low heat until it just begins to thicken.
In a bowl, place 2 bananas, 1 small can pineapple chunks and 1/3 Cup chopped walnuts or pecans. Pour sauce over all. Serve immediately.
The No Sugar Apple Pie is a recipe a friend at church made for us a long time ago. I’d forgotten how good this is! If you want to cut back on sugary desserts, this is a great recipe! It still has sweetness with the help of Apple juice, but it’s flavorful and a perfect ending to a Sunday dinner (or Monday, or Tuesday or…)
1 6 oz. Can Frozen apple juice concentrate
1 tbl. margarine
2 Tbl. cornstarch
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
6 cups sliced delicious apples (don’t use a tart apple)
Place apple concentrate in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine margarine, spices in small bowl. Add a small amount of apple juice. Sir until well blended. Stir cornstarch mixture into apple juice. Pour over apples. Stir carefully to coat. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Place top crust over.
Bake 425 degrees for 30 min. Reduce to 375 degrees for 30 minutes. You may need to shield the outer edges of the crust to keep them from browning too much.