|The Place of the Skull, very possibly where Jesus was crucified|
This is my favorite weekend of the year and it starts with today – Good Friday. It’s not a religious day – it’s a day of the greatest love and it’s the day that changed history! Today as we remember what Christ did for us on the cross, I pray we will each see with new eyes our wonderful Savior and His amazing sacrifice for us.
Could I encourage you today to celebrate? We typically wait to celebrate until Easter, but that long weekend began on the day that Jesus was crucified on the cross, on Friday. I imagine how sad the hearts of those that loved Christ were. But you and I have “read the back of the book” and we know that He arose! He is alive today. Therefore, we can celebrate! We have victory over sin, a home in heaven, and a relationship with him today all because He willingly laid down His life for us on this Friday. Yes, this is a good day. Good Friday.
How could you celebrate? Consider:
- Serve Hot Cross buns today – if you can’t make them from scratch, then make cinnamon rolls from a can and put the icing on top in the shape of the cross.
- Go to a park – either alone or with your family and read the crucifixion story from the Bible.
- Sing some songs about the cross – At Calvary, Beneath the Cross of Jesus, The Old Rugged Cross, At the Cross.
- Talk about what the disciples and Jesus’ followers must have been thinking and feeling at this time of the day on that Good Friday.
- People are always asking, “How are you?” Why not purpose to tell them how special today is to you and why! They asked! Tell them!