In a sweet little book I’ve had for years, With Love and Pinch of Salt by Jessie Sandberg, I found this. It’s worth reading and contemplating!
Do I have Problems with Other People Because:
- I am too sensitive and overract?
- I tend to say whatever I feel regardless of the consequences?
- I tend to remember the slights and mistreatments of others?
- My voice is too loud?
- I answer back to people too quickly?
- I excuse myself when I take out my frustrations and discomforts on other people?
- I am stingy with my smiles?
- I tend toward a sour disposition?
- I try to “get even” when I have been mistreated?
- I remind others of their failures?
- I frequently feel misunderstood?
- I always see the difficulties in every situation?
- It is hard for me to be kind to those who are beneath my station?
- I tend to complain and nag?
- I dislike giving credit where credit is due?
I have to be honest, one or two of those got me. I think we’d all have to admit we are guilty of something on this list. I’m making it a matter of prayer, so that the Lord might change me, and allow better relationships for His glory! Will you join me?