Happy Friday, friends! Maybe you love Friday, until you look in your laundry baskets and find them all overflowing with dirty clothes, towels and kitchen linens from the previous week. Now this weekend you’ll spend most of Saturday getting caught up, knowing that in three days, it’s going to be flowing out into the hallway again!
Please forgive me if I’ve shared this already (I searched my blog and couldn’t find it, so I feel safe! I’m losing it!). One little thing I’ve begun doing in the last six months EVEN WITH JUST THE TWO OF US IN OUR HOUSE is doing one load of laundry every day. I alternate between dark clothes and whites. It might not always even be a big load, but if there’s enough to do even a small load, it’s going to be washed. The blessings of doing one load every day are:
- It only takes a short amount of time to gather that color of laundry.
- It’s just a little bit of clothes to deal with once it comes out of the dryer.
- I don’t have a whole day where I’m dealing with laundry all day long!
- The clothes get back into the closet/drawer quickly, so they’re ready when needed.
- It’s become a part of my morning routine as soon as I get up. I throw them in when I feed my kitty (her dishes are in the laundry room). By the time I’m finished with my Quiet Time, the clothes are ready for the dryer. By the time I’m showered and dressed, the clothes are ready to be folded.
I might add that I don’t do laundry on Sunday, but doing it six days a week has been a real help and refreshment! I hope it will help you, too!
What will you do to refresh your heart this weekend? I trust you’ll go to a Bible preaching church!