I’m truly amazed at the opportunity God gives us to serve Him. He doesn’t need people to accomplish His purposes, yet He gives us the privilege to be used of Him! What a privilege and honor to do anything for the God who made me, saved me and keeps me secure! I owe Him everything and am so thankful to have the chance to obey His call!
This past weekend that call led me to The Wilds in North Carolina to speak at the Ladies’ Retreat. So much prayer had gone into this weekend and He answered so many of those requests. Even now I’m continuing to see, hear and understand His hand and how He answered in every area.
- We had prayed for 30 ladies from our church to go. I believe the final count was 32!
- The weather was supposed to be rainy for the entire weekend. When we started out it was sprinkling. By the time we made it to camp, I had to put on my sunglasses. It was beautiful the rest of the weekend!
- I’ve NEVER done a retreat without dealing with a migraine. I did not have one at all while I was speaking!!
- I had asked the Lord for recall of passages of Scripture. He answered.
- I prayed for remembrance of names. He heard.
- I desired to see decisions made for Christ. I just learned yesterday afternoon about lives being surrendered while at camp! To God be the glory!!
A retreat is such a blessing because it allows us to really focus on the Lord, His Word and what He wants to do to change us! All the distractions are removed and we hear God’s voice clearer and stronger. If you were at this retreat, or if you’ve attended a retreat recently, can I encourage you about how to maximize your time there? I wrote this post last year about how to get the most out of your time away and make the most of those very fast 24 hours.
Thank you to all of you who prayed for me! God heard those prayers and helped me in such special ways! I doubt there’s ever been a speaker who had as much support present! “My ladies” were so precious to encourage me in really, really special ways! I love each of you dearly and thank the Lord for the ways you lifted my arms up as I served Him!
Here are some pictures of our time away:
Were you at The Wilds? What is a memory you have of the weekend?