In this week before Christmas, I was blessed to do some things that I LOVE. Let’s start with the pictures in the left column below:
- My husband and I got to go to Abington, VA to the Barter Theatre to see A Christmas Carol. Before the play, we went to a favorite restaurant, Rain. We shared a bowl of their fabulous Butternut Squash Soup, and their Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Outstanding.
- We picked up our tickets and made our way to the play. Abington is a charming town!
- This fountain is across the street from the theatre. What a fun date this was! My husband, who isn’t a book or movie fan, really wasn’t sure he’d ever read or seen the story we were about to see, so he saw it all through new eyes. One of the young actors is a member of our church, so it was especially fun to see him on stage! He did a wonderful job!
- Having a daughter who lives in my town and goes to my church is a blessing! Sometimes our lives are so busy that we don’t get to spend a great deal of time together. We made a lunch date this week in our little town and caught up on one another’s lives. She makes me laugh. She encourages my heart, and she always picks the best desserts for us to share!
Now the pictures on the right side:
- Liza cuddled up on my lap one morning this week while I was having my Bible study. That’s a special treat from a normally not-so-cuddly kitty!
- I had a baking day that included making these Cream Cheese Danishes. The recipe makes four at a time, plenty for us and for sharing. The dough is soft and sweet and the filling makes them irresistible. I like to also add a little bit of fruit preserves to the cream cheese filling. Mmmm, these will be good for breakfast this Christmas weekend! You could ask my husband who already enjoyed a couple slices when they were warm from the oven. He washes most all of my baking dishes, so I’m happy to give him a taste of anything I’ve baked!
- We went caroling Wednesday night. It’s a blessing to sing the songs of Christ’s birth and wish the folks at the door a Merry Christmas. We are singing the Gospel and it doesn’t get any better than that!
The last picture above is a weekly event at my house- Bible Club. What a blessing to pull out my flannel graph (yes, it’s an antiquated teaching tool, but the kids love it!) and remind the children of the reason for Christmas, starting with the fall of man. They had fun adding the flannel graph pieces as I told the story. My heart is full as I pour into my young pupils each week the Truth of God’s Word. They are like sponges, listening, asking questions and responding with tender hearts. I thank the Lord for this rich privilege!
Now here we are at the end of the week, just days away from Christmas. Our whole family will be together, and I’m excited to celebrate with my girls and their husbands! There will be worship together, lots of good food, laughter, more laughter and probably some music!
I pray that your Christmas will be simple, special, and full of talking about and worshiping the Savior. He came to die for each of us, and that makes every day worth celebrating!
John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God,
which taketh away the sin of the world.