A Couple weeks ago I shared with you that we had Party Ryes for our Christmas Eve dinner. If they weren’t on the menu, we would have had a riot, I believe! They are a tradition in our house, and the reason is because they are just YUMMY! A few ingredients mixed together and spread on a piece of Pumpernickel bread and then toasted in the oven, and you have a fantastic appetizer or addition to your soup! Here’s the simple recipe from Taste of Home:
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives – ( Personal preference, We leave this out)
- 8 Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 30 slices snack rye bread – (We use Pumpernickel bread)
Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread a rounded tablespoonful over each slice of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
It doesn’t have to be Christmas to serve these! Any time you need a scrumptious appetizer is the perfect time to whip this recipe up!