I love it when a restaurant has healthy food that’s so good you don’t feel like you’re missing out when you choose to order wisely! That’s how I feel about Cracker Barrel’s Grilled Chicken Tenders! They’re so juicy and flavorful that every bite is like an indulgence. Recently I found This Copycat recipe on Southern Plate that reminds me so much of that delicious entree! They’re not really grilled, but they have the taste of it! Let me show you how simple this recipe is!
“Grilled” Chicken Tenderloins
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips.
- 1 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Place chicken in gallon ziplock bag. Combine all other ingredients and pour over. Seal and marinate for at least an hour. Doing this step the night before would make supper a breeze!
- Pour all ingredients into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until liquid evaporates and remaining marinade becomes thick and caramelized. This can take from 30-40 minutes.
- Coat each piece of chicken in marinade by rubbing it around on the bottom of the pan before removing it.
Here’s what it looked like about half way through the cooking process:
I cooked my chicken in my electric skillet and it took about 30 minutes, so just keep an eye on the your pan to tell when it’s done. This is so delicious! I used the leftovers later in the week for wraps for our lunch and it was delicious cold! This would be a great staple to keep in the freezer!
If you need a super-simple and fast side to go with a meal, here’s something we love:
Canned Potatoes with Rosemary and Tomatoes
Canned potatoes, drained
1 Tbl. Butter
Grape Tomatoes, halved
Melt butter in small skillet. Cube the potatoes and add them to the skillet. Let them get brown and a little “crispy.” Add herbs and Grape tomatoes. Let cook until tomatoes are warm.
This is a super-easy and yummy meal! I hope you’ll put it on your menu and then let me know how you like it!
Do you have a favorite Copycat recipe you make?
With love from my country kitchen,