Most times if I ask guests that are coming to my home for a meal if they have any foods they don’t enjoy eating, they will often say fish. I get that because some recipes for fish are just stinky and bland.
But the recipe I’m sharing today is so good that it would make a great restaurant menu item. The ingredients are simple, but add incredible flavor and texture to the fish. It is above ordinary for something that’s fixed at home. Like most fish recipes, this is super fast to pull together because it doesn’t require long in the oven, making this a great weeknight menu.
I served this with oven-roasted potatoes and a seven layer salad. It was a delicious meal! If you are a nominal fish fan, I hope you will try this great recipe from taste of home.
Dijon Crusted Fish
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish – (I didn’t add this)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix the first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon cheese. Place tilapia on a baling sheet coated with cooking spray; spread evenly with mayonnaise mixture.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter and remaining cheese; sprinkle over fillets. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes.
Easy, fast and delicious!! I should also add, “healthy!” Its only 214 calories per filet! You might just being having fish mire often after trying this recipe!