Most times if I ask guests that are coming to my home for a meal if they have any foods they don’t enjoy eating, they will often say fish. I get that because some recipes for fish are just stinky and bland.
But the recipe I’m sharing today is so good that it would make a great restaurant menu item. The ingredients are simple, but add incredible flavor and texture to the fish. It is above ordinary for something that’s fixed at home. Like most fish recipes, this is super fast to pull together because it doesn’t require long in the oven, making this a great weeknight menu.
I served this with oven-roasted potatoes and a seven layer salad. It was a delicious meal! If you are a nominal fish fan, I hope you will try this great recipe from taste of home.
Dijon Crusted Fish
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish – (I didn’t add this)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix the first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon cheese. Place tilapia on a baling sheet coated with cooking spray; spread evenly with mayonnaise mixture.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter and remaining cheese; sprinkle over fillets. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes.
Easy, fast and delicious!! I should also add, “healthy!” Its only 214 calories per filet! You might just being having fish mire often after trying this recipe!
7 thoughts on “Dijon Crusted Fish”
Denise, how do think this would be in an Air Fryer. Do you have one, I love, love mine😁
I do not have one, Becky. But it does great in the oven, so I’m assuming it would do well in your air fryer. Let me know how it goes if you try it!
I make the same recipe often – it is a favorite of ours because it is delicious, fast, and healthy – meets all the criteria for a favorite meal to make! I have an air fryer, but it bakes so fast in the oven I haven’t thought about using the air fryer. I bet the texture would be great, though!
Thanks for your input, Kathi!
I am going to try this. We are trying to eat fish once a week and this looks so good. Maybe later this week I can post a favorite fish recipe of ours. It’s also an easy oven meal.
LikeLiked by 1 person
We try to eat fish once or twice a week, too. I love it for so many reasons, and yes, this recipe is one delicious reason!