When someone invites you into their home, they’ve gone out of their way to do so. What do you to do let them know how much you appreciate their kindness and hospitality? There are lots of creative things to do, and I got to share a few fun/frugal ideas on my daughter’s You tube channel today. I hope you’ll go here and check out the whole video we did together!
My mind has been reeling since we filmed that video and I’ve thought a whole list of other ideas you could give to say Thank you!
- Buy single, large plates as you find them on sale or at Goodwill shops. Use them to fill with piles of cookies or goodies. No need to return the plate!
- A special book or cookbook is a long-remembered gift.
- Bags of Coffee or a box of Teas, as well as a container of cream, if you know their preference.
- Room Spray in a mild fragrance
- Bath splurge items – Bath bomb, bubbles or special soap
- Special Kitchen soaps and dish cloths
- Oven mitts, or hot pads tied together with a pretty ribbon
- Olive oil – Even special flavored oils would be nice, accompanied by dipping spices
- Bakery or homemade bread and a jar of jam (maybe even also homemade!)
- Gift card for a special place for dessert
- Pretty pads of paper for kitchen memos and a pen
- A guest book for them to log the guests that come into their home.
- Cloth napkins
- Spices or herbs in pretty jars
- Holiday cookie accessories – Sprinkles and/or cookie cutters
Don’t go empty handed this holiday season. Be a gracious guest and let your hostess how much you appreciate them inviting you into their busy lives and home!
Do you have another suggestion for a hostess gift?