Last Monday when I posted about my Pumpkin Bars, my daughter asked,
“Can we make ‘Pumpkin Monday’ a thing?”
Well of course we can! I actually thought that was a great idea! I don’t know how long it will last, but let’s add another great pumpkin recipe to your list today! This was is a snack I made many years ago – Pumpkin Chex Mix! It is so good! The only “Pumpkin” it has in it is the spices, and it has just the right amount!
Pumpkin Chex Mix
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanill
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex® cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex® cereal
- 8 ounces pecans
In small bowl, mix brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice; set aside. In small microwave-safe dish, microwave butter on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in vanilla. In large microwaveable bowl, mix all cereals and pecans. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly distributed. Add sugar and spice mixture and stir until coated.
Microwave uncovered on High 5 minutes or until mixture begins to brown, stirring every minute. Spread on wax paper or a cookie sheet to cool. Store in airtight container.
Consider making this for:
- Football game night
- Appetizer/snack on Thanksgiving Day
- Family Game night
- In-Car Snack
- Trick-or-Treat – packaged in small treat bags
- Snack for Around the fire pit
- Put it in a large clear glass jar, and set it on the counter for after school snacking
Any time you need a fast and delicious Pumpkin-flavored snack, this is a great option!
How/when would you serve this snack?