Happy Pumpkin Monday! Or should that be, “Happy Monday, Pumpkin?” =) At any rate, I tried a new pumpkin recipe this week when I needed a quick dessert for a picnic lunch and I wanted to share the recipe with you on this, our third Pumpkin Monday!
These Pumpkin Sugar Cookies caught my eye on Pinterest. They whipped up really fast. Even with adding the icing, a half batch took me less than an hour from start to finish. These are called Sugar Cookies, but they’re fluffier than a traditional recipe, so keep that in mind when you pull the little clouds from the oven. They are fluffy in the middle and have a little crispiness on the edges. Yum.
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, sugar, pumpkin, egg, and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough then roll in sugar. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl, beat all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Frost the top of each cookie with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with cinnamon. (I used sprinkles)
To be honest, I think I like the cookies better without the icing. A little sprinkle of coarse sugar on top is what I’m going to try next time. I will make these again. They were not too pumpkin-y – just enough and definitely had that fall dessert vibe!
Happy Pumpkin baking!