It’s the week before Christmas and I wonder if you’re saying things like…
How am I going to get it all done?
I still have shopping to do!
I haven’t wrapped anything yet!
I need to get some baking done!
If you’ve uttered those words recently, I want to give you a word of encouragement!
One reason I love reading through Proverbs each month is because I get to read the verse above and get my heart settled down again! I need this continual reminder to give to the Lord my plans and let Him work them out according to His will. You know what? When I do this, I am AMAZED at how much I get accomplished. I also realize at the end of the day, that the things that didn’t get done were not important.
If you’re scurrying and worrying today, my encouragement to you is to…
- STOP. I mean right now…just stop what you’re doing. If you can drop to your knees, then do it. At any rate, just bow in your heart before the Lord, the Master of your day and your plans.
- CONFESS your worry and fretting over your plans. No matter how frustrated you may be, worrying over your list is sin. Call it what God calls it and realize that He forgives when we ask.
- ASK the Lord to direct your day, your hours and your minutes. Ask Him to help you dismiss the things that are not important.
- STAY FOCUSED on what you need to be doing. Don’t let yourself get distracted by the unimportant (social media, for example). Keep moving on to the next thing. Even if you get interrupted, realize that it’s God’s interruption and it’s okay!
- GIVE THANKS at the end of the day for all the Lord has allowed you to accomplish. That was His will, and it was done because He enabled you to do it.
These simple steps are a true game-changer for me. I’ve experienced God’s strength over and over on my busiest days. He cares about each moment of our lives and He can give you victory over your scurrying and worrying…even the week before Christmas!